This is a FAQ for Designers
DesignQuote Designer Lead Guarantee
- The client contacted us with the intent to hire a designer.
- The lead will have a valid email address, we will confirm this.
- If a phone number is provided, we will verify the phone number.
- The client will be instructed to accept bids only when they still intend on hiring a designer.
- We have communicated with the client via email or phone and confirmed their information.
Designquote sells sales leads. Leads are NOT guaranteed jobs, they are leads and you are competing with other designers and dealing with “potential” clients who may or may not end up purchasing services.
We contact the client multiple times and verify their email and phone number and ensure they are actually looking to hire a designer.
DesignQuote is different from most sites in that we allow you to pick and choose the leads you want instead of forcing you to take every lead. We have guidelines that determine if a lead is bogus, and if a lead is found to be bogus you will receive your credits back.
How validity is decided:
DesignQuote was created by a web design company with over 12 years in business. We determine the validity of a lead (whether or not its bogus) based on several criteria. When we were still running a web design company we would often meet or speak with clients and create a ballpark proposal. Sometimes we never hear from them again. This is usually because they picked a different firm and do not want to have to tell us the bad news, so they just avoid it. Other times we will spend hours creating proposals only to have the client come back and say they lost the funding, or something else came up and they have to put the project on hold. This is a normal part of business, and it doesn not mean that those clients were bogus clients.
A lead is NOT Bogus if:
- The client picks another provider outside of DesignQuote.
Reason: The lead is valid, the client was looking to hire a designer, all designers had an opportunity to contact the client and make the sale.
- The client decided to put the project on hold, or decided they could no longer do the project for whatever reason.
Reason: Sometimes customers change their mind or have internal problems that prevent them from doing the project. They may contact you later if they decide to start the project again. Keep in contact with them and you may still get the contract.
- The client acknowledged you (you received their contact info) and never contacted you.
Reason: As soon as a client decides to accept a bid from you, they receive a link to your website and all your contact information. They will usually review your site or profile at this time. They may decide they do not want to work with you before you even communicate with them. The client is usually talking to several other designers, during these contacts the client may pick a winner for the project and not notify you directly.
A lead MAY BE Bogus if:
Please note, this is only an indication that a lead may possibly be bogus, it is not a list of set conditions that, see the guarantee.
- The client never responded to any contact you made with them.
Reason: Sometimes customers change their mind or have internal problems that prevent them from doing the project. They may contact you later if they decide to start the project again. Keep in contact with them and you may still get the contract. If you suspect that the lead is bogus create a bogus report on your leads page.
- Sometimes clients will accept 3 or 4 bids. Each designer receives the contact info at that time. The client receives a notfication email for each designer with the designer information. At that point the clinet can look at the designers website, or review their DesignQuote profile. The client may choose another designer or put the project on hold without responding to each designer. This does NOT indicate a bogus lead. We will follow up and investiagte, however, a client changing their mind and not contacting everyone does not make a lead bogus. It is up to you to sell your services.
A lead IS Bogus if:
- The client never responded to any designers and does not close their project.
Action: DesignQuote customer support will investigate the lead and try to contact the client and get the results of the project, if the client does not respond after several attempts the lead will be marked as bogus and all designers will get their credits back. If you suspect that the lead is bogus create a bogus report on your leads page.